Joanna Zeiger has accomplished a lot so far in her life. She’s an Olympian, World Champion Triathlete in the 70.3 discipline, has her PhD, and is the author of the book The Champion Mindset: An Athletes Guide to Mental Toughness. Her athletic career alone is pretty impressive – she raced as a professional triathlete from 1998-2010. She placed 4th in the triathlon at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and won the 2008 Ironman 70.3 World Championships. Through her company, Race Ready Coaching, Joanna trains endurance athletes to reach their personal best and instills in them the importance of having fun even when they are training hard. She also offers mental skills training individually and through her Champion Mindset course on trainingpeaks.com linked in the show notes.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- defining mental toughness
- components of mental toughness and the Sisu Quiz
- how to improve your self-esteem
- the right way to approach goal-setting
- using both positive and negative visualization
- how to get more confidence
- dealing with injury
- Get Joanna Zeiger’s Book: The Champion Mindset
- Take the Sisu Quiz
- Joanna’s course: Champion Mindset Course on TrainingPeaks
- Visit Joanna on her website
- Check out the study mentioned in the show. “Mental toughness latent profiles in endurance athletes”
Support the Show
If you would like to support the growth of my show, I’d love your contribution on. Patreon. The current production of this free show is primarily supported out of my own pocket and a small portion is covered through the donations on Patreon. With my Patreon page, you can donate directly to the show which will help me cover the costs and help it grow! Even 4 bucks a month- the cost of one coffee per month helps a LOT! Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
————————————————————————————————————————Don’t Miss an Episode: Subscribe!