Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn is a pioneer in medicine. He currently directs the cardiovascular prevention and reversal program at The Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute and has saved thousands of lives. As a surgeon, he was operating on patients with breast cancer. Disillusioned by treating the disease and never addressing the cause, he decided to do his own research. He discovered that the incidence of breast cancer was almost non-existent in certain countries while it was rampant in North America. Why? He discovered the link was diet. He took it a step further and started looking at the #1 killer of men and women in Western Society: Heart Disease.
From his bio: “In 1995 he published his bench mark long-term nutritional research arresting and reversing coronary artery disease in severely ill patients. That same study was updated at 12 years and reviewed beyond twenty years in his book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, making it one of the longest longitudinal studies of its type. In July of 2014 he reported the experience of 198 participants seriously ill with cardiovascular disease. During 3.7 years of follow up of the 89% adherent to the program, 99.4% avoided further major cardiac events.”
Dr Esselstyn is incredible and I highly recommend watching Forks Over Knives. It changed my life! There are so many stories of people end stage heart disease following the protocol in his book and living for decades after being sent home to die.
Topics Discussed in the Podcast
- Dr. Esselstyn’s Olympic Journey to a Gold Medal
- Dr. Esselstyn’s global research to link diet to breast cancer, heart disease and more
- Many stories of how he used diet to reverse end stage cardiovascular disease
- How to manage disease with diet (and you can even start at age 70!)
- How a plant-based diet helps you as an athlete
- The strongest blood vessel dilator in the body: Nitric Oxide
- How much oil or natural foods w/oil can you eat?
- His book: Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease cookbook
- Podcast with Rip Esselstyn (Dr. Esselstyn’s son)
Friend of the Podcast: Health IQ
Life insurance savings for people like us who actually eat healthy and take care of our body. Get a quote or mention “Sonya” when you talk to an agent.
Support the Show
If you would like to support the growth my show, I’d love your contribution on. Patreon. The current production of this free show is primarily supported out of my own pocket and a small portion is covered through the donations on Patreon. With my Patreon page, you can donate directly to the show which will help me cover the costs and help it grow! Even 4 bucks a month- the cost of one coffee per month helps a LOT! Thanks, I really appreciate your support!
Leave a review or share on social media
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!